Friday 17 August 2012

Wow... Who the hell thought a blog would survive this long untouched - seriously it's like some Tukenkamun tomb in here or something...

...Yeah I've never been that great with work commitments. Just talk to my brother who's still badgering me for a read on my non existent novel (I've swear I have written a lot... just not all in the same story... or two... or three......... or fifteen... yeah, never get this habit I have of starting a new idea the moment it gets in your head if you want a write a book).

So... one and a half years later I thought maybe I should put something in this blog once more instead of leaving it to crumble into the misty ends of the eternal Internet of no return.

So what's happened in all this time? Lets see: royal weddings, college days, procrastinations, a self published short story compilation from a creative writing group, AS level exams, AS level results, death of guinea pigs, new baby guinea pigs, second year, the tragic choice of which A level to drop, the tragic thought that maybe I should have kept the A level I dropped, A levels, getting drunk for the first time, never wanting to get drunk again, A level exams and everything in between.

Oh yes, I've kind of finished sixth form which now renders the entire point of this blog's title a tad bit useless.

(Instead of a cat imagine a guinea pig and this applies to me)

I got a respectful BBC in English Lit, Art and Design and Philosophy (mind you, not before waiting for an hour in front of a dead Internet screen while my college's website crashed to public and to staff, leaving me stranded in Manchester, four hundred miles away from college awaiting to see my results while everyone else who had been up an hour before me were running around in elation on Facebook and what have you while I was left banging and gnashing my teeth in impatience on my Auntie's coffee table).

It seems that most people I hang around with think you need at least one A grade at A level to be anything successful in life (although mind you, I do hang around with  people who's aspirations are to be doctors, as well as two certain friends who are now packing their bags for Oxford and Cambridge). However, I still seem to be on my unconditional place in Foundation art within my college (summer work galore). And then of course the absolute obvious hit me:

(Not sure if amusing, or just destroying the world with overused internet memes)

This year the blog title still makes sense.


It also means I'm stuck for a another year at sixth form while my friends gallivant off to Uni in all directions while I sit awkwardly in the ref without even an awkward turtle to complain to.

(This'll probably be me in about two months when I finally realise most of 
my friends have their phones turned off as they daydream their lectures away.)

So... Lets see if I can survive a third year of it all and if I can actually keep a commitment to this blog up to actually write about any actual experience of sixth form college, tips about it, daydreams, interesting thing, vivid hallucinations, some show off artwork and basically life in general.

No comments:

Post a Comment